Subject: Re: NEWKEYS v2

Re: NEWKEYS v2

From: Remo Hofer <remo.nospam_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:04:50 +0200

Kjell Ericson wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, c s wrote:
>
>> I say that cancel should be eliminated rather than overloaded onto the same
>> key used for backing up one menu level.
>
> I made the cancel function because I think pressing "stop" for accepting a
> setting is confusing.

Do you have aplayer or recorder?
I ask this, because on the player we don't have a left button. We just
have a minus (used as up) and a stop used as left (leave) for navigating
through the menus but as cancel at the menu leaves, which is kind of
confusing for some of us, including myself. After I think that I have
selected an new setting and want to leave this menu, I remark that I've
cancelled my new setting with stop. Usually the second attempt will work
tzhen :-)

I have to admit, if you really want the cancel functionality on the
player, the play button would even be worse for cancelling.

Remo