Subject: RE: deep discharge option

RE: deep discharge option

From: De Lucia, Peter [IT] <peter.delucia_at_citigroup.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:13:43 -0400

Ok. Thanks for responding.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing [mailto:linus_at_haxx.se]
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 7:33 AM
To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se

De Lucia, Peter [IT] wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I was reading in the FAQ section of the rockbox website that it is
> better set the deep discharge option to on when having the archos
> jukebox plugged in to the charger while it's on.

Not entirely true. If you have the charger connected as an external
power source rather than solely to charge the batteries, then you should
probably use the Deep discharge. If you want to be sure that the
batteries are 100% charged when you unplug it, then you should use the
trickle charge.

> I have an FM Recorder, I was looking through the menus and couldn't
> fine this option. Can someone tell me where it is?

The FM recorder has hardware controlled charging, so there are no such
options.

Linus