Subject: play WAV?

play WAV?

From: Vincent Siu <vincents_at_canonline.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:29:03 -0700

Hi all,

Is it possible to program the Archos (I have a JukeboxStudio20) so it can play WAV files (ie. convert to MP3 in real time)? I have played around with the code and written a function to perform the conversion. I am able to convert the MP3 and write the result as WAV, but the conversion takes a very very long time.

I know the 12MHz SH1 is very slow, which is why it can't convert OGG->MP3 (I wish I had read the NODO before I started the programming). I just want to ask you guys to confirm whether real-time WAV->MP3 is feasible.

Thanks,

Vincent