Subject: Re: Kinda off topic: Jukebox input to stereo

Re: Kinda off topic: Jukebox input to stereo

From: Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 23:10:48 -0400

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 14:09:52 -0500, Wesley Simon wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> I wanted to give everyone a small update on my stereo that I installed
> this past weekend. I purchased a JVC SX990 that has an MP3 aux input
> on the front of the head unit. I tried out my JR20 this morning on the
> way to work and I have to report that it kicks ass.
>
> One of my motivations for my Archos purchase was that I spend about an
> hour a day commuting to and from work. This 30 hours a month was just
> wasted time. I wanted an mp3 player so that I could listen to
> audiobooks. I had a crappy old cassette deck in my truck, so I was
> listening using headphones. Using headphones while driving is illegal
> where I live, so I never was too comfortable doing it.
>
> Anyway, I'm very pleased with the aux in functionality of this unit.

Is that all? I'm looking at that model # on etronics.com and for $134.00
it appears that we get MP3 CD playback detachable face, remote control and
a whole raft of minor features. This thing goes for 199.00 at
Crutchfield, where we find that the 200w Max power comes to a still
respectable 19w/ch, wtih front and rear preamp outs for the power hungry.

That's impressive enough to make me consider swapping out for my factory
head unit in the Durango, despite it having both CD and cassette
capability. I don't have any real cassettes anyway, the adapter stays in
the deck 24/7.

Chris