Subject: Re: Kinda off topic: Jukebox input to stereo

Re: Kinda off topic: Jukebox input to stereo

From: Wesley Simon <wsimon_at_lsil.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 08:43:35 -0500

Chris,

No, that isn't all I was impressed with. I just wanted to write about
the stereo in terms of use with the jukebox. I did search for quite
some time to find a decent unit that supported mp3 cds, cd-r, cd-rw,
and had the AUX input. For the money, this unit fills every one of my
expectations. I was thinking about putting a CD changer in the wife's
Honda Odyssey, but now I'm considering one of these units instead.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of getting one for
the Honda. We frequently load the kids up and make the 3 hour drive
into Kansas City. It would be very nice to create a playlist on the
jukebox that had music for everyone and there wouldn't be the shuffling
around (or arguing about) of different radio stations or CDs. I could
let each person pick some songs they would like to hear and then
generate a random playlist of sorts from those songs. When the "Can we
change this?" question came up, I could tell them that their song will
be playing soon.

Enough thinking "out loud." A few months back I looked around at Best
Buy and Circuit City and noticed many units with AUX inputs on the
front. A couple weeks ago, I went back and Circuit City had one cheap
unit with an AUX input on it and Best Buy had zero. Some had the
optional $20 AUX input cable that connected to the back of the unit,
but I didn't much like the idea of wires hanging out from under the
dash.

I haven't decided if the power is going to be enough. I custom mounted
some JBL 505c components in the doors. I'm only using two of the 4
channels.

Wes