Subject: Re: What would you get right now?

Re: What would you get right now?

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:22:26 -0400

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:02:45 -0500, "Glenn Ervin at home"
<GlennErvin_at_cableone.net> wrote:

>My JBR-FM is only a week old, and the F1 key is already inside the unit.
>I have sent 2 e-mails to Archos support, but they have not yet responded.

Rots of Ruck!!! I just thank God I bought that Product Replacement Policy at
Best Buys.....

Speaking of which, they're getting on my sh*t list very fast. This is the
summation of about 3 hours spent today navigating one of the most obnoxious
automated attendant phone system I've ever heard.

I bought my FMR in the Chattanooga, TN store, about 50 miles from here. This
is my 2nd unit, my first one having gone TU at the first of the month. I
learned at that time that they'd have no more FMRs. I check bestbuy.com and
see that they have a competitive price on a regular recorder. I figure I'll
take the store credit and buy one of those. Guess again, chile!

To make a long story short, consider the following customer friendly policies
(NOT):

1. I can't use a store credit on the web store and vice versa. Of the many
excuses I got, the one I'm most likely to believe is the one told by someone
fairly far up the support food chain: "we haven't figured out how to make that
work with our web site yet."

2. Supposedly I can call a number and get a store voucher sent to me for a
failed, discontinued product. This would save me a 100 mile round trip. So I
dial the number. This is true. But! Only if I've had the product for 30
days or more. Under 30 days (I got it Sept 2nd) and I have to return it to
the store (100 miles) to get a refund. But since this unit is a settlement of
a previous claim, they can't give me a refund, only a store voucher. But they
can't give me a voucher over the phone or via an RMA. Only by walking into
the store. Did I mention the 100 mile round trip?

3. I can buy another PSP in the store but I can't on the web site. The most I
can get on the web site is an extended warranty which means attempts to repair
defective products and long periods of doing without.

Needless to say my business with Best Buys had concluded.

Now if I can only find someone to sell me a Neuros with a service plan...
buy.com used to but apparently doesn't anymore.

John

---