Subject: Re: Hello again Gentlemen

Re: Hello again Gentlemen

From: scott <die_pokemon_die123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:40:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Paul \"Winkie\" Robins" <paul_at_gamingmp.com> wrote:
> Has there ever been any guide or similar published with regards to
> dissaembling a FM Recorder? I ask this as mine is suffering from a small
> case of stuck button, it's also scratched to hell, so i'm going to
> dissasemble it and see what I can do about both these problems

one exists for the MM, which is the same model, but i can't remember the link. it's in the mail
archives.

basically you have to take off the screws on the bottom, and if your fm is newer, the screws on
the top. depending on how deep you need to go, you might not have to remove the bumpers, but you
can, using a torx 10. pop off the battery cover (top) with something pointy, take out the battery,
then unscrew the little black screw that's right under the LEDs. now push something small up each
side to pop the faceplate up, and pull it off. you can take the bumpers completely off now if you
want, but it may not be neccessary depeding on what you're doing. after that you have to unsolder
the half a dozen points around the case and separate the boards. i havn't desoldered, so if you
need to you should look for the guide i mentioned.

which button is stuck? i don't think it's actually stuck, based on how the buttons work. i thought
my F2 was stuck, but it just broke off the platic bit it's suppoesed to be attached to. i think
some model glue could fix this, but i don't have any one me, and i don't use F2 very often either.

anyway, good luck.

-scott