Subject: Re: an idea/suggestion

Re: an idea/suggestion

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:01:55 +0200

BlueChip wrote:
> A speech system would not use the same engine as MP3 playback, and would
> implicitly be coded to NOT suffer from this problem.

Please stick to what is possible. No matter what you think of it, the hardware has limitations. There is only one MP3 engine. Any sound we wish to produce must go through it.

While I think your wish for finding docs for the MAS is a good ambition, I will not engage in technical discussions around it since it's a black box we know almost nothing about.

If we should ever get docs, we will all celebrate and start to examine what can be done with the new information. Until then, however, I must ask that we stay in the realm of what is known and refrain from wild speculation about what maybe could be done "if only".

--
Björn