Subject: Re: LCD mod?

Re: LCD mod?

From: Laurent DEFERT SIMONNEAU <lodesi2_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:36:32 +0200 (CEST)

Just for the info:
The TI83 (and also 89,82...) only have a black and white screen. Grayscale colors are obtained by blinking pixel at a high rate... But I don't think our JBR and FMR are powerful enough to do such a thing...

Minuk Choi <Choi.Minuk_at_verizon.net> wrote:
Hey guys,

    I'm not too savvy on the hardware... but I was just wondering... the Archos FMR has a 1 bit screen(each pixel can be on or off). Is it possible to say, replace the LCD screen with one from a graphing calculator(TI-83 or something) which can support grayscale display? I mean, the display will remain as it is... but then some applications can be written specifically to assign a gray scale color value to a pixel.

    Of course, this is assuming that the assignment of values of the pixels on the screen is done from the software end and can be extended, and not hardware wise in which case... it wouldn't work... I think