Subject: Re: Flashed FM Recorder

Re: Flashed FM Recorder

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:39:51 +0200

Roy Horton wrote:
> the charging screen says 100% - which matches the rockbox charging
> percent when I F1-Boot, but when I unplug the recorder, the level
> goes down to about 8% and then slowly goes back up...

This is because the code had a limiter that only allows the battery level to rise 1% per minute.

Today I removed this limiter, to allow faster rise times. It appears especially with a flashed rom, the battery voltage is not stable until some time after boot. Limiting the rise time meant the unit would keep displaying the unstable (typically too low) value for a long time.

Please try tomorrow's daily build.

--
Björn