Subject: Re: Archos AV -- Was: Any news?

Re: Archos AV -- Was: Any news?

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:14:56 +0200

Fred Maxwell wrote:
> Since the Archos AV3x0 series units are totally different, I have to ask:
>
> Is the Rockbox firmware development so close to "finished" that the authors
> have the time to start another even more major development project? If not,
> can they reasonably handle both projects at once? I'd hate to see Rocbox
> development take a backseat to AV development.

As always, everyone will hack on what he/she finds most interesting. Should Archos decide to help us develop for newer models, I think a momentary dip in activity for the older models is to be expected.

However, such a move from Archos would likely attract new developers, meaning more eyes and brains being thrown at the project. In the end it could boost the development of both targets.

--
Björn