dev builds
themes manual
device status forums
mailing lists
IRC bugs
dev guide

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: RE: replacement parts

RE: replacement parts

From: Gvillo, Mike <>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:35:10 -0700

That part is called a 1/8" TRS (Tip Ring Sleeve) jack or a mini jack
1) If you have another broken audio device, take it apart and pull a new
part from there, probably your best bet. You can also buy something
cheap and used at a thrift store.
2) Try Radio Shack or some such store in your area. Bring the part in,
Radio Shack employees are...
3) Look for any numbers and manufacturers logos on it and search for
them on the internet.
4) The part is pretty simple, maybe you can fix it.
These guys might have it
Other than that, search on the internet for whatever key words you can
come up with.
Good luck,

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Jon Cooper []
        Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 4:47 PM
        To: Rockbox Mail List (E-mail)
        Subject: replacement parts

        Hi all,

        I have removed a broken headphone jack from my sons Archos
Recorder 20. It looks identical to the one shown in the bottom right
corner at I'm new to this
and I have no idea how to find a replacement part. Any advice for the


This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, delete this message. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action based on this message is strictly prohibited.
Received on 2003-10-02

Page template was last modified "Tue Sep 7 00:00:02 2021" The Rockbox Crew -- Privacy Policy