dev builds
themes manual
device status forums
mailing lists
IRC bugs
dev guide

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: replacement parts

Re: replacement parts

From: Björn Stenberg <>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:41:55 +0200

Gvillo, Mike wrote:
> That part is called a 1/8" TRS (Tip Ring Sleeve) jack or a mini jack
> 1) If you have another broken audio device, take it apart and pull a
> new part from there, probably your best bet. You can also buy
> something cheap and used at a thrift store.

Remember that the Archos headphone jack supports 4 rings, as opposed to the standard 3 used in most other audio equipment. Mounting a 3-ring jack will work fine for headphones, but will make the remote control stop working.

Received on 2003-10-02

Page template was last modified "Tue Sep 7 00:00:02 2021" The Rockbox Crew -- Privacy Policy