Subject: Re: SOS - File System Error (No FAT16/32)

Re: SOS - File System Error (No FAT16/32)

From: CombThins <bmnews_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 20:32:34 +0100

http://www.r-studio.com/#local ) to get you're
> data off the drive, Then use Partition magic (much better then windows
default stuff and it can format >20GB
> FAT32 which windows cannot!)

Somehow I've got a 27GB FAT32 partition I made with standard windows tools.
Don't know what the limit is, but it doesn't seem to be 20GB.

> These are some of those utilities I think everyone should go out and buy
as they _WILL_ save your butt a
> number of times, trust me.

They can be useful, but for the average home user they won't get used from
one year to the next. Better to make sure your butt doesn't need saving!

For less than the cost of most recovery tools you can add more than enough
disk space to a desktop machine to keep a complete backup of your Archos.
The reason there are so many good disk recovery tools around is because so
many people don't keep any backups.