Subject: Re: Is my hard drive locked? Need help with Linux unlock

Re: Is my hard drive locked? Need help with Linux unlock

From: Honda <honda_at_gbronline.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 19:01:01 -0500

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:

> You should use type "c". The output from the "p" command should be
> something like this:
> Command (m for help): p
> Disk /dev/sdb: 64 heads, 32 sectors, 38154 cylinders
> Units = cylinders of 2048 * 512 bytes
> Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
> /dev/sdb1 1 38139 39053983+ c Win95 FAT32 (LBA)

Still no go. I can't even imagine what else I can try. I tried every
conceivable way of partitioning and formatting under both Win XP and Linux.
The Jukebox works fine as a USB drive but not as a stand-alone MP3 player.

Could you please suggest a specific sequence of commands in Linux fdisk?

Thank you again.