Subject: Re: Organize .rockbox directory

Re: Organize .rockbox directory

From: Eric Linenberg <elinenbe_at_umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 23:48:00 -0500

The patch makes a lot of sense to me. I think as we get more and more
plugins that the organization becomes necessary (we are almost at that
point right now)...

Everything goes where it seems like it should go, that is except for
the Sokoban levels. I think that that should just be placed in the
Games directory.

It's wonderful to see a renewed interest in the rockbox software. I
have bought and tried the ipod with the new software, the rio karma,
the archos gmini, and the samsung napster player and they all fall
short of the archos with rockbox. While many of them have bells and
whistles, they don't do what the archos recorder with rockbox does
best -- JUST PLAY THE MUSIC THE WAY WE WANT.

Even the highly praised iriver ihp120 wants to be like the rockbox:
http://tinyurl.com/tonl

Now, is it time to get the bookmark patch and the playlist viewer
patch into the main cvs yet? :D

thanks for the awesome software.
-eric