Subject: Re: Possible Loose Ear Out connector

Re: Possible Loose Ear Out connector

From: Mat Holton <mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 10:44:16 +0000

Try resting the 'Powerpack' on it. No, sorry I was thinking about the 'ear' out on the Speccy!

Probably best taking it apart and examining it - might be able to bend the socket a bit so it makes a better contact. perhaps.

-----Original Message-----From: Nathan Gray <sanguination_at_hotmail.com>To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>Sent: 05/11/2003 10:00Subject: Possible Loose Ear Out connectorLong time no post,

I own a FMR 20 and yesturday I noticed that slight shifts in the headphone

OR audio cable connected to the ear out hole makes the right channel cut out

for a moment; solution: tap the cable again. I suspect I screwed up the

internal components of the ear out connector somehow. (I.E., the connector

seems a bit loose when something is connected)

So, what're my options here?

Anyone know how, or of a way to get this fixed? I suppose I could live with

this, but ah so annoying to have to keep shifting the headphone cable.

My EE skills are a bit lax so I haven't done any of the mods; probably can't

resolder the device myself if that is the problem. Any freelance hardware

people? ;)~~

solarcide - Nathaniel

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $26.95.

"Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."

 They Might Be Giants.

Surface Inspection Ltd
www.surface-inspection.com