Subject: Re: Preferred recorder battery:performance Settings was: recording suggestions

Re: Preferred recorder battery:performance Settings was: recording suggestions

From: Mat Holton <mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:05:25 +0000

I believe it's possible to purchase what's known as a "powered microphone", which is one
that amplifies the signal to levels sufficient for a "line-in". A regular microphone, does not
produce the levels neccasary for line-in.

If you find a good/cheap one, let me know!

mat
-----Original Message-----From: Nathan Gray <sanguination_at_hotmail.com>To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>Sent: 07/11/2003 04:33Subject: Preferred recorder battery:performance Settings was: recording suggestionsAlong theses lines I was wondering the following two things with regard to

recorders:

>A better solution is to use line-in with an external mic.

What kind of microphones work with the line in? Do they have to be powered?

(My pc microphone didn't do anything).

and

>IMHO, recording at high quality with the built-in mic is a waste of time.

>The mic isn't good enough to support that quality. You'll probably get

>similar results at Quality 3 or 4 with 44.1 KHz, and longer battery life.

What are your best preferred recording settings that give best battery

life:performance ratio for the following situations:

*Lectures/conversations

*Videos/movie

*concerts

*ambient/environment noise

*any others you can think of!

-nathan

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95.

"Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."

 They Might Be Giants.

Surface Inspection Ltd
www.surface-inspection.com