Subject: Re: Time split, long time recording and free music

Re: Time split, long time recording and free music

From: planet77 <planet77_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:03:28 +0100

Hi!

For people in germany and austria there is musicchoice which you can receive
via premiere (paytv) there are many different music genres all only music,
no talking and all in digital quality. There is a website too where all
songs are listed. For example you can record from 5 am to 5 pm and then look
in the list and cut the songs and give them their 'real' names.
I have a problem recording it, my box for watching (hearing) the channels
has an optical digital out and if I connect it to my archos 20 recorder I
don't have a signal. If I connect it to my 5.1 receiver the reciever has the
signal, and there is the same if I connect archos to the digital output from
my receiver I have no signal. So I could only record analog until now, but
it is very good quality,too. I am not sure if I would hear a difference if
it would be digital. (I am listening mostly to classic rock and 70s and 80s
hardrock)
Does anyone know why I don't get a digital signal into my archos? Has it
something to do with the musical rights?

Have a nice day
Fred