Subject: Re: Resume on STOP behaviour

Re: Resume on STOP behaviour

From: Daniel Gudlat <gudlat_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:52:16 +0100

Björn Stenberg wrote:
> Henrik Backe wrote:
>>When you start the jukebox with a long press on 'on' the ask resume
>>question just flash by. I think there need to be check for release
>>event in the question or clearing of the button queue before the
>>question to fix this behaviour.
>
> No. If you look in apps/tree.c:580 you will see that ask_resume()
> deliberately ignores the ON button, precisely to avoid this problem.

At which it fails miserably. When holding ON long enough during
power-on, the resume question doesn't get displayed/flashes by/whatever.
The end result is that I can't resume on power-on when pressing ON too
long, which I just confirmed with RockBox cvs-030830. So I'm inclined to
believe that Henrik is onto something here...

And as Nicolas observed, when you press ON while in the root directory
after a failed resume, the resume question gets asked, though somewhat
belatedly, making resume possible again.

Regards,
Daniel Gudlat