Subject: Re: Documentation for Daily Builds

Re: Documentation for Daily Builds

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:29:43 -0500

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> Felix Becker wrote:
>> Hello,
>> where can i find documentation/instructions for the functions of the
>> daily build-versions? I downloaded the latest version today, but i'm
>> not able to find out the usage of all the new functions e.g.
>> playlists, some plugins ...
>>

> Unfortunately, there is no documentation on the new features, except
> what is said in the CVS logs and the mailing list.

That said, I'm sure that if you have a specific question someone on this
list will be able to answer it. If you're not even sure what to ask
*about*, however, then you're kind of out of luck. =) In that regard,
is there any compilation (weekly or monthly perhaps) of the changelogs
anywhere that is easily accessible to non-developers, as opposed to
clicking on the daily build changelog links individually, or DLing the
whole source tarball? Reading through those logs would at least provide
some idea of what had been updated or changed recently. If such a thing
already exists somewhere it wasn't obvious to me.