Subject: Re: Remote Control Unit

Re: Remote Control Unit

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 02:03:48 +0000

>>The last thing I want to do is end up writing more code that is either
>>not-included (due to lack of interest) or unmaintainable (like what
>>happened with Othelo).
>
>What makes Othello unmaintainable?

My complete inability to work out how to submit changes/bug-fixes (ouch,
yes, someone found one!) in a format that doesn't upset people. I even
tried to get three varieties of CVS to work on my machine before I finally
gave up.

I fully appreciate that this problem is, in it's core nature, entirely mine.
What would help, would be an idiots howto (for, in this matter, that IS
what I am), with real stupid "press this button, then press this button"
type instructions.

Others don't seem to struggle, so I can only guess that I am missing
something _really_ obvious!?

Also, I've got to work out how to get my documentation included - or did
that happen in the end? - I haven't looked at the source tree in months now.

BC