Subject: Is it time for a formal release?

Is it time for a formal release?

From: Fred Maxwell <rockbox_at_anti-spam.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:29:29 -0500

I still run the 2.0 build. Why don't I use the daily builds?

1. Because the manual has not been updated to reflect the changes
2. Because I never know if the daily build I have just downloaded is buggy
or not.

It is time to consider a release. Whether it is called 2.1, 2.5, or 3.0
matters not, but it should be done. Rockbox 2.0 has been out for seven
months and is the last official release. Numerous features have been added
since that time and I'm sure that no small number of bugs have been
squashed.

To that end, I recommend freezing the features, updating the manual and
version history, releasing a beta, fixing any bugs that come up, and then
releasing an official version. After that, development can continue on.
Any comments from the developers?

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell