Subject: Re: Trouble recording on large hard disk partition

Re: Trouble recording on large hard disk partition

From: Garrett Derner <garrett_at_derner.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:34:06 -0600

>> ... Ever since I upgraded to 80g, all one
>> partition (made with Partition Magic), recording always crashes after a
>> few minutes with Panic rec wrt -1222.
>>
>> Garrett
>The error code means that the firmware failed to spin up the drive when
>it wanted to save the data. Do you have trouble playing music as well?
>
>Linus

No, I do not have any trouble when playing music. To make sure, I am now
playing some music for an extended period. (Half an hour so far and sounding
good, with ~200kbps stereo mp3s).

It's a JB20 with a Fujitsu 80gb drive. With Jukebox connected as an
external drive, I have recorded large video files onto it, total 17gb, with
no problems.

I tried current builds, and one a few months back; same error. Disk
spindown is set to 5 s.

Garrett