Subject: Re: firmware function in F1

Re: firmware function in F1

From: Andreas Stemmer <groovingandi_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:49:50 +0100 (MET)

> I tried looking for it in the mailing archive, but I
> couldn't find it; what does the F1/Firmware function
> do?

If you hold the F1 key on boot (when pressing on or when plugging in the
charger), the original firmware will be booted, not the flashed rockbox version.
If you have a new rockbox ajbrec.ajz in root as well, you won't notice any
difference excepts a longer boot time and the archos splash screen.
This is a safety feature for flashed rockbox units, because you'll always
have the possibility to boot your jukebox, even if flashing a ucl file goes
wrong.

Andreas