Subject: RE: V2 recorder, what is that?

RE: V2 recorder, what is that?

From: Chuck Urwiler <curwiler_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:35:04 -0500

John,

As an owner of an FMR, I have to agree with you somewhat. While I hardly
ever subject mine to any situation where it could get crushed by 150
pounds (it's almost never off my desk here at home) I'd have to say the
worst part of the design is the internal battery connection.

I was on the train yesterday going downtown and had my FMR with me. I've
had it apart once before, and never quite got one of the rubber bumpers
back on fully. As I was listening to a song, I started goofing around with
the irregular bumper, which is on the top right corner of the unit. Well,
I twisted it just so, and the thing shut off, presumably because I moved
the battery away from one or more contacts inside. Sheesh. No wonder it
shuts off when I'm out doing yard work!

This coupled with the awful FM reception, doesn't make the FMR a
compelling "upgrade" in my opinion. I'm not getting rid of it, but had I
known the older models had essentially the same functionality, I'd have
gotten one of the older ones and saved some money in the process, too.

-Chuck