Subject: Re: Open source software for Archos Petition - please sign

Re: Open source software for Archos Petition - please sign

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:51:11 +0000

The developers are not your problem.
You need to approach the marketting/middle management bods.
The developers are just techies who simply have to tweak the MAS dev kit
and end up with a product.
You need to find the people who make the rules about what happens to that
product.

Or alternatively you make so much noise world wide on as public a scale as
you can.
In return they will make the effort to translate the noise so they can
react to it.
Pre-decide what reaction you want, and tailor your noise accordingly.

I am guessing that French is the native language of Archos HQ, and be
warned the french are the only people (in my experience) who document their
code in anything other than English/American - to deal with the french you
are right, you need to do it in THEIR language ...or make THEM want to deal
with you - at which point their English litereary skills quite
metaphorically BOUNCE out of the closet.

And sorry, before you ask me, I am a typical Brit.: "Two languages in ONE
head - NEVER!!??"
(know thyself - lol)

BC