Subject: Re: Problem loading Rockbox into Recorder 20 V2

Re: Problem loading Rockbox into Recorder 20 V2

From: Andrew Glass <dpaglass_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:39:37 -0800 (PST)

You know, this is just typical for me. I hemmed &
hawed for months about which player I was going to
get. I finally decided on the JR 20 mainly because of
the Rockbox software. When I ordered the player
(through Amazon), I assumed I was getting the same
model as most everyone else out there has. I didn't
even know a "v2" existed. Naturally, that's what they
sent me and now I can't run Rockbox on it. Aaaarrggh.

I'm going to continue to monitor the web site and stay
on the listserver for a while to see if anything
develops. I'd be happy to be a beta tester, but
unfortunately I lack programming skills so I'm not in
a position to write code for it.

Hopefully it won't be a major problem to adapt
existing code for one of the other recorders to run on
the v2. But, it sounds like it may be a long wait
before there are enough of them around to make it
worthwhile for anyone.

Andy