Subject: Re: Problem loading Rockbox into Recorder 20 V2

Re: Problem loading Rockbox into Recorder 20 V2

From: Andrew Glass <dpaglass_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:14:19 -0800 (PST)

Well, since I've opened and used it, I doubt I could
return it. I looked on Amazon's web site and they are
now showing the older Jukebox 20 as no longer
available. The newer one also costs a little more. The
problem is, they don't show the mfg. part # on their
website, and they're still using the old JBR 20
picture (which is what I looked at when I ordered).
Anyway, anyone buying now should be very careful to
make sure they're getting what they expect. There are
probably a good mix of the older and newer models
selling with the same name & description right now.

I don't consider the V2 "all but useless" without
Rockbox. It still does what I need it to do, but just
not as elegantly or with the ease of use that Rockbox
would add to it.

One thing I'd point out is that Archos has removed the
battery changing instructions from the new manual, and
to get at the battery cover will require, at a
minimum, a torx bit to remove the screws holding on
the rubber bumpers. I believe it still uses AA nimh's,
but I don't have the right size torx to get in there
to verify it. Clearly, they don't want the batteries
to be a user-servicable item anymore.

Andy