Subject: Re: Problem loading Rockbox into Recorder 20 V2

Re: Problem loading Rockbox into Recorder 20 V2

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:24:19 -0000 (GMT)

Andrew Glass said:
> One thing I'd point out is that Archos has removed the
> battery changing instructions from the new manual, and
> to get at the battery cover will require, at a
> minimum, a torx bit to remove the screws holding on
> the rubber bumpers. I believe it still uses AA nimh's,
> but I don't have the right size torx to get in there
> to verify it. Clearly, they don't want the batteries
> to be a user-servicable item anymore.

My understanding is that the v2 is the same form factor as the FMR. In
that case, it is likely that it will be a li-ion battery (not
user-replaceable), and also that you don't need to remove screws or
bumpers to open the battery compartment (the end just pops out, although I
haven't tried it myself, I'm simply reporting what others on here have
said).

--
Mike Holden
Rockbox page: http://www.mikeholden.org/~rockbox