Subject: Re: What is Panic rec wrt -6?

Re: What is Panic rec wrt -6?

From: Garrett Derner <garrett_at_derner.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:38:03 -0600

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:

>Garrett Derner wrote:
>> What is Panic rec wrt -6? I get it on my FM recorder after a few
>> hours of recording.
>
>It means that a FAT operation failed, probably due to a file system
>corruption, or maybe a battery failure.
>
>Which version of Rockbox is this?

I think it's 031108. (I'm doing a test recording right now or I'd check.)

>After how many hours of recording?

Typically I set it going overnight with time-split, hoping to get a lot of
radio programs. I think I usually get about five or six hours, then it
crashes with -6.

>How big are your clusters?

16k. (It still has the stock hard drive with the factory partition.)

>Does the red LED light for a long time when it saves the buffer?

The red LED is on for about 2 seconds when it saves the buffer.

Garrett