Subject: Re: Questions of Rockbox on FMR

Re: Questions of Rockbox on FMR

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:48:32 +0100

Brian wrote:
> Would it be worth it to sell the Recorder and buy a FMR (on Amazon for
> $180)?

The flash issue is not model specific, it's unit specific. Some units have flashable ROM, some don't. There is no way to tell which unit has which ROM.

Personally I would not trade in a Recorder for an FM. I think the regular recorder is a better product, with its' better protection and standard batteries.

> Will we ever see flashed rom on the FMR's?

Flashing works for both regular and FM recorders, if you have a flashable ROM in it.

--
Björn