Subject: Re: all flashed recorders, please reflash with my latest

Re: all flashed recorders, please reflash with my latest

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 22:25:39 +0100 (MET)

> Would it be possible to use the remote pin for minimon?
> Ie. have minimon use the halfduplex bidirectional functionality you wrote
> about in a earlier post.
> This way no hardware mod would be needed to rescue a box.

I was also thinking about this, yes, it would be possible.

However, not all boxes have the remote pin wired (FM and V2?), it would
require a different kind of level converter, with RX and TX tied together in an
open collector fashion to avoid collision (with a schottky diode in TX so that
it can only pull low, not drive high). So it's a hardware mod to the
converter instead. ;)

It's possible to do this kind of rescue with the implemented minimon
already, if the PC client is modified not to expect a reply for the commands,
working blindly. Or it could download a halfduplex variant of minimon and continue
with that.

But fortunately the rescue was practically never used. (Stop scaring the
people unnecessarily!) We did use the UART boot mod to flash exchanged, empty
chips though. For that you need the hardware mod.

Jörg

--
HoHoHo! Seid Ihr auch alle schön brav gewesen?
GMX Weihnachts-Special: Die 1. Adresse für Weihnachts-