Subject: Re: faq update

Re: faq update

From: scott <die_pokemon_die123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 17:52:00 -0800 (PST)

--- Robert Hak <rhak_at_ramapo.edu> wrote:

> Already beat him too it :)
>
> If scott if you could go over the new faq id appreciate it as im sure i
> missed things.
>
> Rob

ahh, so you did. just a few things.

21: remove 2.3, as the plugin loader is already in 2.1.

45: i'd say remove this one entirely. if not change it to something about 'NIM and Jackpot'

60: mention the V2 and FMR. heres my version of the first paragraph
     There are four versions of Rockbox. One for each platform (Player,
     Recorder, FM, V2). However, we do have 3 other 'versions' of Rockbox
     available for download. These would be Releases, Daily Builds, and
     Bleeding Edge.

at this point i noticed that you removed some, because it's 62 on my copy. this is the reason i
hesitated to remove any, as i'm sure it will create broken links somewhere. a few broken links
seems like a fair price to pay for progess though. anyway.

alternate version of 63:
     Other than the 4 currently supported models: no, probably not. If Archos
     releases another rockbox-able player (such as the V2) then rockbox will
     find its way onto it, but this is unlikely, as the Gmini, MM, and AV
     units aren't and won't be supported by rockbox.
     (see http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/nodo.html#7)

74: there's an extra return before the last 2 lines.

and my previously posted:

Q75: Why does rockbox show a question mark for the battery level when you you
     start rockbox?
A75: Rockbox waits for about a minute to show a battery reading to increase the
     reliability of the reading. In previous versions, the battery level rockbox
     initially reported was always too low.

the rest are a list of one to considering removing.

47, 51, 53, 54, 69 (or else a link to the manual),

ok, so just a bit more than a few, but change is good. right?

-scott