Subject: Re: I Got An Electric Shock Of Off My Box

Re: I Got An Electric Shock Of Off My Box

From: <Gajdos_at_metatem.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 13:16:16 +0100 (CET)

Typical ground problem.

On its own, the JBR20 can do nothing with its 4.8V.

When connected via USB to a computer, it gets the same ground as the
computer. If your computer isn't properly grounded, you're in trouble.

You can easily test how well your computer is grounded by holding on to a
water pipe or the central heating you might have nearby and then touching
the computer. BUT BE READY FOR A SHOCK!!
Maybe use a multimeter instead. :^)

I've had 120VAC between antenna ground and real ground in an old apartment
- that really put some strain on the PCI TV card... Problems booting and
whatnot...
/JG