Subject: Re: Can I download previous email archives & thanks for Rockbox!

Re: Can I download previous email archives & thanks for Rockbox!

From: chris <fool_at_dfw.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:11:29 -0600

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 10:44:18PM -0500, SteamShip wrote:
> I just joined after finding out about Rockbox. I was about to upgrade my
> Jukebox 6000 to an IPod because I'm completely frustrated with the suckass
> Archos WinXP USB drivers crashing WinXP every time I want to update files.
> I found the one post in the archives that linked the better Cypress USB
> drivers,
> http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-05/0247.shtml and
> for the first time in over 2 years I can use my Archos with XP !

why did you need special drivers at all? i don't think i even opened the
CD that came with my archos, just plugged it into my XP and my linux
boxen successfully and it was detected as generic USB storage. i copied
~18,000,000,000 bytes to it with this driver in less than 2 hours under
XP using the drivers that shipped with XP..

i'm just thrilled that i have an mp3 player that i can update from any
computer i happen to be at, without any special software.