Subject: Re: What is the opinion on the best MP3 players now?

Re: What is the opinion on the best MP3 players now?

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 13:19:52 -0500

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000T1R4O/103-3544537-0514217?v=glance&s=electronics&vi=reviews

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005NWR0/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_2/103-3544537-0514217

>> With the first one, I do not see how the batteries are replaced
>> which I
>> would want to do. Can you give me some advice about the first model?
>
> The first is the V2, an FM recorder without the FM. It uses a
> non-replaceable LiIon battery.
>
> I would personally recommend looking for this model:
> http://www.archos.com/products/prw_500278.html
>
> It's the "old" recorder model that uses replaceable NiMH AA
> batteries, just like your current player. It seems to be getting
> harder to get find in stores though.

The "old" style (AA NiMH) 15 GB and 20 GB recorders were available at
overstock.com for $150 and $200 US as of last week. I don't know how
many they had in stock, but you may still be able to grab one.