Subject: Re: my Flash distribution now with release 2.1

Re: my Flash distribution now with release 2.1

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:53:46 +0100 (MET)

> OK, true. Then, let me put the question another way: What happens, if I
> run
> the firmaware_flash plugin on an already flashed JBR20?

Nothing extraordinary. It will take the full image and write that to your
flash, from the first flash address to the last byte of the file. Your hardware
mask value will stay, and there are sanity checks: to prevent you from using
one for a different platform, and the file integrity is CRC-checked.
Ther is no difference if your box was flashed before or not.

You can use the plugin to flash my authored content, or you can use it to
program your original dump back in, if you rename it to be the file the plugin
requests.

Jörg