Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: Advice on best 60GB HD model for upgrade?

Re: Advice on best 60GB HD model for upgrade?

From: Michael O'Quinn <michael_at_oquinn.info>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:03:22 -0800 (PST)

I got my 60GB when they first came out, and I haven't looked back. I have
a Toshiba MK6021GAS, which I have been very happy with. I have heard that
(I think) Fujitsu's are marginally quieter, but they weren't available
when I ordered mine.

4200 RPM is actually preferred, since higher speed drives just consume
more power with no measurable performance impact. I don't THINK an 8MB
buffer helps since the drive is powered down by RockBox between reads.
That may have changed, though -- maybe someone else can confirm whether or
not that is still true.

Michael