Subject: RE: Archos Total Cost of Ownership

RE: Archos Total Cost of Ownership

From: John Stevenson <steveo1967_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:55:25 +0000 (GMT)

Slightly OT

What would I want if I bought an MP3 today?

To be able to hot swap the hard drive with any sized drive

To be able to play various music formats

To be able to use the hard drive much as a personel storage device - like the ARCHOS - no limit in transferring files back and forth

To have a facility to increase the memory if needed.

To be inexpensive (ish) $300 - $400

To have good customer service

Flash Upgradable firmware

User changeable batteries

Power supply can be used to charge batteries or to power the player - user option

and oh yes to work with Rockbox!!!!!

So if anyone out there knows of such a device then please let me know!

John

   BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be.