Subject: OT::MP3 Gain

OT::MP3 Gain

From: Gary Wingert <gary_wingert_at_sonic.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:57:49 -0800

> _data (non-music info) and _new (mp3s that haven't been
> cleaned up with MP3 Gain, tags checked etc.).

Off-topic, but quick question (I hope) re: MP3 Gain.

I have a folder on my JBR that has a bunch of MP3s
in it - music from various genres, artists, eras, etc.
Some aren't encoded very well (low levels, etc).

What is the best way to apply MP3 Gain to everything
in that folder so that the low songs get boosted and
the loud ones stay about the same? In other words,
how can I apply gain to those so I can minimize how
often I have to adjust the volume in my car?!

There's Track Analysis and Album Analysis and Album,
Track, and Constant gains. Not sure what to use..

I once saw a good tutorial on MP3 Gain, with some
good graphics somebody did, but I can't find that now.

If there are any good links about this, please send
those on too.

It might be best to reply off-list so we can return
to Rockbox topix. Thx.

Thanks,
Gary