Subject: Re: NFO viewing

Re: NFO viewing

From: mrlipring <mrlipring_at_tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:05:26 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Björn Stenberg" <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 8:56 AM

> Michael O'Quinn wrote:
> > Even better would be the ability to look at ANY file with the text
viewer.

> > This would require either (a) creating a list of file types that the
text
> > viewer will open when that file is "Played," or (b) being able to invoke
> > the text viewer in some manner OTHER than pressing "Play" on the file.
>
> It would be fairly trivial to add "view as text" to the ON+PLAY meny. But
we need to review the text viewer code first, to make sure it doesn't choke
when trying to view an mp3 or other binary data.

> Looking a bit forward, however, we should instead add a system to bind
plugins to file extensions (maybe with wildcards). A simple
/.rockbox/file_types file could describe this:

> .txt:/rockbox/.rocks/viewer
> .nfo:/rockbox/.rocks/viewer
> .ch8:/rockbox/.rocks/chip8
> .html:/usr/local/bin/rocks/mozilla
>
> ...and so on. If more than one plugin can view a certain file type, the
user should be prompted with a choice.

> --
> Björn

sounds great, yeah. you can never have enough config files! :)