Subject: Re: ATA Error -52 HELP! WORSE NEWS

Re: ATA Error -52 HELP! WORSE NEWS

From: roland <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:42:18 +0100

> How would you feel if you just got a new model and it stopped
> working within hours of flashing it.
angry - indeed!

FYI
>3. Risks
>
>Well, is it dangerous? Yes, certainly, like programming a mainboard BIOS,
>CD/DVD drive firmware, mobile phone, etc. If the power fails, your chip
>breaks while programming or most of all the programming software malfunctions,
>you'll have a dead box. We take no responsibility of any kind, you do that at
>your own risk. However, we tried as carefully as possible to bulletproof this
>code. The new firmware file is completely read before it starts programming,
>there are a lot of sanity checks. If any fails, it will not program. Before
>releasing this, we have checked the flow with exactly these files supplied here,
>starting from the original firmware in flash. It worked reliably, there's no
>reason why such low level code should behave different on your box.

>Have a little compassion you bastard, and do your jokes and bashing elsewhere.

come on! be nice to each other - this is not the kind of way we should speak to
each other on this list!

it`s annoying to break expensive hardware - but that`s just a shitty little piece of
hardware which is known to fail very often, so it is not even worth to be angry about
or even curse at each other, because of that.
you probably get this fixed with the help from this nice people here - or - you probably
have a general hardware problem with your hdd inside and have to contact archos. but you
could be out of luck because they would complain about the flashing. but there is http://www.newmp3technology.com/ as an alternative
which repair them at a fixed price.

regards
roland