Subject: Re: ATA Error -52 HELP! WORSE NEWS

Re: ATA Error -52 HELP! WORSE NEWS

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:18:22 +0100

SteamShip wrote:
> Thanks for Mike Holden's note about the source showing that -52 showing it
> to be a HD read error. Might be nice to have a list of the error codes
> available on the website.

Agreed, but maintaining such a list is impossible for us, since the
error codes are dynamic by nature, and are different between versions.
The error code is a backtrace of the return codes in the failing call tree.

> Mainly, I wanted to know if this was unrelated to flashing the firmware, and
> it sounds like it is not.

I hope that was a typo, since I firmly believe that is isn't related.

> One last question to anyone who knows. What does the flashing of the
> firmware actually accomplish other than faster bootup time?

Nothing, except that you will be able to start playback automatically
when you use the car adapter mode in the future. As it is now, you get
stuck in the Archos charging screen.

Linus