Subject: Re: Differences between V2 and original and FW

Re: Differences between V2 and original and FW

From: Rasmus Lerdorf <rasmus_at_lerdorf.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:08:40 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, howl wrote:
> On the advice of this list I returned my V2 and got the older version,
> to find that there are some issues with the original (non V2) one. Mine
> can't be flashed (OK, there are warnings about this), but worse it doesn't
> charge while connected to USB. Any help?

Did your V2 charge on USB? Mine doesn't give me any indication that this
is the case. I have both an original 10G Studio player and a flashed 20G
V2 and while I do prefer the older case design and the standard
rechargable batteries along with the jack on top instead of the side
whatever that leaves is fine on the V2.

-Rasmus