Subject: Re: (was Re: BUGS - ARGH)

Re: (was Re: BUGS - ARGH)

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:58:47 +0100

BlueChip wrote:
> *Apparently* the problems go right back to when I joined (from a private
> conversation with a "core" developer) ...There was much debate about memory
> issues at that time, so I offered the service that I am best at, code
> optimisation ...instead of "cool, thanks" it was taken as some kind of
> criticism and I was tarnished as a trouble-maker from day one.

Incorrect. You said you wanted to rewrite "memset/strcpy/etc" in assembler, and Daniel replied "If you can prove that such a rewrite has a significant impact on Rockbox performance, then I'm for it." *YOU* then refused to accept this answer and became increasingly more hostile over time.

Here is Daniels response:
  http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-04/0211.shtml

Also see this mail, which is pretty much what I'm writing here:
  http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-04/0300.shtml

PLEASE just read what people write with an open mind. Assume positive intent, not malice. Act humbly. Don't insult people. Be the bigger man and don't be let your ego guide your actions.

--
Björn