Subject: the helpful Bluechip (was Re: BUGS - ARGH)

the helpful Bluechip (was Re: BUGS - ARGH)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:01:31 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Mat Holton wrote:

> I agree that Daniel was out of order with his "back off" comment.

I think you native-english speakers need to remember that some of us
non-americans non-brittish people aren't native english speakers. That means
that when I write english, I don't always find the best words, phrases or
synonyms. It makes it even more important to read the contents, and not trying
to find "a tone" in the mails.

I'm sorry if 'back off' is sounding offensive, but it wasn't my intention. I
was only trying to ask him to not pressure me into a corner with his
questions, and I then explained my reasoning. I was not being personal and I
was not being rude, besides that "back off" comment. I wanted it to be a "hold
it, take a moment and see what I have to say about this first before we
continue down this road".

> I don't see how that could have been taken any other way than offensive.

Even if I were offensive, I did not insult him. Not then, not now and never
before. He continues to throw dirt on me, both in the past and in this
discussion again. He puts words in my mouth and claims I've written things
that a quick search in the mail archives pretty soon reveals simply is false.

> BlueChip is obviously trying to help and it certainly appears to me that the
> help is being rejected

What help is that? I've yet to see his help. And what help are we rejecting?
I'm sorry, but I honestly can't see any.

> right down to Daniel saying he won't reply to any more of BlueChips posts.

If Bluechip apologizes in public for his behavior and changes it for the
future, then I'll reconsider. Until then I'll continue to ignore him. I've
lost my patience with him.

I don't think this project has benefited one single bit so far from his
"help". Yes, if we end up allowed to use the info he's provided, then I admit
he has helped the project.

Me ignoring Bluechip is only one person ignoring another. There are almost 500
persons on this list alone. Now, if Bluechip is helpful and I am not, then my
ignorance can't be nothing but goodness for this list/project.