Subject: Re: Red Led Dead test II

Re: Red Led Dead test II

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:14:31 +0100

Mike Holden wrote:
> My conclusion then : "Basically, when we hit this problem, the
> ATA_ALT_STATUS __always__ returns 0x80 (BUSY). This means that
> wait_for_bsy() loops for 10 seconds before returning a timeout status. This
> usually happens when called from perform_soft_reset() in ata_read_sectors(),

Yes, and this is precisely what my ata fix (now in cvs) addressed. It was a timing problem in perform_soft_reset().

This second testing round with ata_history is designed to bring more light on the second RLOD problem: Movement induced RLOD, which according to reports was not remedied by my soft_reset change.

--
Björn