Subject: Re: the helpful Bluechip (was Re: BUGS - ARGH)

Re: the helpful Bluechip (was Re: BUGS - ARGH)

From: <ajf_at_midmaine.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:39:01 -0500 (EST)

I really didn't want to get into this, but as a native English speaker who
is not a Rockbox developer, I hope I can contribute something positive.

When someone says "Back off" in this context, they are indicating that the
current conversation is really annoying, and they want it to stop. A
somewhat less severe version of this would be "don't go there". It is an
attempt to avoid a more hostile confrontation.

It is not an insult; more like a warning. Most sensible people would back
off. If someone ignores this kind of warning, they deserve whatever they
get.