Subject: Re: The future

Re: The future

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:15:31 -0500

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:01:36 -0500 (EST), ajf_at_midmaine.com wrote:

>Here's another one to consider. These folks have been making flash memory
>mp3 player/recorders for quite a while, and have just announced a hard
>drive model.
>
>http://www.pogoproducts.com/
>
>The description of their user interface sounds a bit like Rockbox.

That looks slick. Price isn't too bad either. Wonder if they'd support
Rockbox with some docs? Hmm. I really like that big screen. maybe after
Christmas I'll order one and see what it's like. I already tossed away $200
on that Neuros thing so why not? :-) Maybe I could donate it to one of you
core developers after I play with it awhile, if it turns out to be OK
hardware.

John

>> Now that all the "good" Jukeboxes are apparently gone, have you developers
>> given any thought to the future of Rockbox? Other potential platforms?
>> I'm
>> certainly interested, as I'd like to buy several more players but do NOT
>> want
>> to suffer the FMR blues again. How about the PJB (http://www.pjbox.com/)?
>> played with one of those a couple of years ago. Really nifty hardware,
>> sucky
>> software. Just begging for a RockBox port.
>>
>> John
>> ---
>> John De Armond
>> johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net